Friday, July 13, 2012

Week 3 07/07/12

This week at the library I was very productive. I managed to complete my entire bibliography on Operation Torch and the Tunisia Campaign. I believe it is highly comprehensive, spanning the years 1941-44, and highlighting military action in Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, and to an extent, Libya and Egypt.

Upon completion of the bibliography, I manned the main circulation desk. A woman and her daughter came into the library, requesting information on her mother who had served as an army corps nurse both on Guam and at Okinawa during the Second World War. Though I was unfamiliar with the procedures that entail searching for family military service records, another more experienced library employee was able to guide them through the process of filling a formal request for their relative's military papers. This was a great learning experience, as I am sure that I can now assist future library guests seeking information about their family members in the service.

Next week I will aim to finish my bibliography on Arctic Warfare. I will also begin working on my bibliography on World War I and II propaganda art and posters. This is a bibliography that I am very excited to begin, because by just browsing the library, I have found a very documentation of posters from wartime Germany, Britain, Italy, France, and the United States from both wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment